Wednesday 23 October 2013

Armani Hotel, Dubai


Hey everyone todays post is going to be on the Armani Hotel in Dubai. My main inspiration on todays post is due to many different factors, firstly is my link to Dubai as it was where I was born, secondly I believe that Dubai is very much a centre of retail & fashion, and lastly it is a great example of the strong development of fashion brands & industry. 


Again the hotel is something I have had personal experience with as I visit Dubai as much as I can to visit family and thus can't resist the glossy, luxury, & opulence Dubai has to offer. The first thing one experiences is the drive up to the entrance at night ones pathway by car or foot is illuminated by an army of LED lights, on the tops of palm trees, behind the lettering of words, not so much you think "woow its not christmas yet' but makes a pretty scenery and begins ones gateway to fashion luxury. I walk in to the hotel and notice how the whole place is not desperately scream 'LUXURY' you just know your in a place that was built by someone who truly knows what they are doing. I am then greeted by a very sleek employee with the blend of smart businesswoman and stylish model perfectly balanced. She seems more than happy to spend time making sure that I know where to go if there is anything I needed, never once doubting my if I "should" be there - a situation 
I'm all to familiar with in England. 


I know this is a fashion blog but it must be said returning to the hotel for a celebratory dinner at one of the many restaurants was the best meal I ever had - though I'm no food critic or chef. The food didn't arrive in portions so small that taking a deep breath could mean the end of my meal, nor did they shovel enough food for the lot of us with each dish. I order pork and it was the best pork ever - super crispy top, and tender and perfectly seasoned core. Its then when I look around and start truly taking in the details of the interior. Giant windows facing the biggest fountain in the world which produce some spectacular displays, warm indirect lighting creating a welcoming comfortable ambiance. Nothing about this place seemed to be trying too hard to seem luxurious it was all effortless glamour. It was then I noticed that the chef was speaking in french and I had a feeling if I were to ask for a name and gave a quick type on google I would find a heap of information of past high end chiefiery. 


Before my trip ended and I had to return back to the cold and rain of England I couldn't pass the opportunity to acutely see one of the resident apartments. Again I was greeted on the faithful day by another extremely stylish gentleman this time, who made me feel valued and at complete ease. All making me fall further in love with the place. The walk through the corridor alone made me feel like I a model walking down the runway, as of course no fashion hotel would have just had any old corridor every element was considered nothing was left out or under valued in customer experience - awesome corridor ... tick. Walking into a one bedroom apartment I found that even the design of the light switch was taken into account to follow the sleek modern design. I was already tying to lessen my reaction so I didn't go back to child me and run around scream 'omg look at this toilet  omg look at this closet' like for some reason just because I liked the place basic rooms suddenly became a novelty. Then we walked into the main lounge and I properly looked at the window and gasped. It was the most stunning view of the downtown area - looking over the fountain, Dubai Mall, The Address. I began day dreaming of older me standing in the same spot, just more stylish, wealthier version - I couldn't help it. I was miles away from what I see so much when people do luxury which is dark wood every where, and a few bluer LEDs behind the dark wood 
- finally my kind of place. 


I feel that this hotel is a good example in how fashion is needing and successfully evolving. The fashion industry has become dangerously dynamic, with more savvy consumers & blurring of lines. luxury brands like Louis Vuttion, Chanel, Dior etc, are not competing with each other / like brands their competing with the entire industry high street and value market included. In 2008 Uniqlo became the most preferred brand in Japan, taking over from Louis Vuttion, two completely different brands operating in difference segments of the market, where at a time the middle market suffered the most globally here a middle market company thrived. Expanding into sectors such as hospitality further increases the scope in where brands are expanding such home, accessories, cosmetics, & technology all examples (some older than others) of increasing product range, accessibility, and reducing dependancy
 on one type of product or service. 



I hope this post was both entertaining and interesting. What do you think, was it a good idea for Armani to expand into tourism sector, was the risk worth it? Have you stayed at either Armani Dubai or Milan what was you experience? Feel free to share stories, or ideas. I have to thank Armani Hotel for some of the images I have used in this post. 

RNW

The Fashion Dialogue 



No comments:

Post a Comment