Tuesday 29 October 2013

House of Versace

House of Versace - A Lifetime movie 


So after my post last night I decided that I wanted to share my opinions about this film - unfortunately for me & probably lots other viewers, there were high expectations, followed by disappointment afterwards. I found that the film was entertaining and had me spouting quotes for the next few days of how important a party was, taking about my glow, however I was still left needing more. The film started with sass, and a dramatic beat, moved to tragedy and destruction, and finally ended with retribution and a happy ending. I believe what 'House of Versace' needed was a once-a-week 50mins slot on TV, a Hollywood budget, HBOs touch of sex, and CRITICALLY Versace itself behind the whole thing providing first hand accounts, a proper wardrobe for all the actors, and breathing the spirit, the sass, the sensuality, and of course the glamour of Atelier Versace. 


I feel this would have properly reflected the drama & the energy we all were waiting for, and would have corrected the problem of time - the assassination of Gianni Versace needed a lot more build up to reflect how crucial it was in the history of Versace and fashion. Secondly I found myself constantly wondering how things had escalated, how old the kids were and why we seemed to skip seemly drama juicy parts of time - things couldn't get as much attention as they should, otherwise we would be sitting there all week. 


However I found Gina was a really entertaining and convincing Donatella, I enjoyed her representation of the role and lots of her costumes pieces were right for the part - then to find out she herself went off on a Versace vintage hunt. This is a film I will no doubt end up watching a few times in a lifetime, though will always wish that there would be a TV series produced. Its link to such a prominent Fashion House makes it hard to forget and makes me try and turn a blind eye to the unfocused costumes, and the head spinning time line. 
Feel free to comment on wether you agree if there should be a TV show, or you views of the film. 

RNW

The Fashion Dialogue 

No comments:

Post a Comment