Monday 28 October 2013

Versace Haute Couture Collection - Autumn/Winter 2013

I had to have a post on this collection, because, when I stat down to watch this show I was not expecting what I ended up seeing - the most beautiful collection where watching gown after gown grace past the front of the catwalk caused my jaw to fall further towards the ground. Its rare I am completely impressed by couture collection after all it is a form of art & every piece of art needs somebody to love it & somebody to hate it. This collection was stunning. It is what, as a child I imagined fashion to be; beautiful gowns, and glamourous outfits - it stirred the inner child to create a real life fantasy for a more grown up me. It is what I believe is the kind of collection when I am old I would always refer back to in creating the image of true beauty in our time, or a phrase older generations believe us generation Y'ers  can't use yet, 'the good old days'. 


The show started with some classic sass, that embodies the desire for power and a secret guilty pleasure for that diva confidence - with Naomi Campbell strutting on stage with the signature power of hers instantly grabbing our attention. The photo above provided by Atelier Versace is of the closing piece - Versace had Naomi the first & last model we see in the show creating a sense of continuity, and nostalgia. The pieces worn at the end were both sexy and glamours, the jacket like the rest of the collection full of expertly placed embellishment to the point I nearly got a migraine thinking of the time and effort it took to ensure the perfect placement. 

























This collection had a good range of different pieces, a variety of colours, and a mixture of material use - this caused a perfect balance and flow of the collection. Nothing seemed out of place, random, or jarring - the collection was synced to its inspiration of the elegance and beauty of black and white photography and old movies with the stunning actresses with unforgettable features gracing the screen. I can imagine Grace Kelly in many of this pieces an icon I both always hear about and admire myself. This collection is timeless and embodies everything we look for in Haute Couture - beauty, fashion, glamour, uniqueness, style, class, and (sometimes) sex. 




This collection shows the true artisanship of Donatella Versace, how she created art that a woman can where and become the most beautiful version of herself - she becomes a piece of art itself. Even in the sphere of Couture where the life & soul of the industry is ultra-beauty and high-fashion, collections I feel this strongly about are rare - even with my seasonal collection obsession this collection does not fall into that category but one that is much higher.  I must thank Atelier Versace for the images provided of the show. 

RNW

The Fashion Dialogue

No comments:

Post a Comment