Monday 21 October 2013

Dior Mens Winter 2013-14 collection


Hey everyone sorry for the delay for a proper first post. I've decided that this post will be about both the Winter 2013-14 Men's Collection at Dior and my views on my experience with Dior. This is mainly because I both love Dior and recently went to have a look at all the pieces and found myself trying them on (mistake, they ended up fitting amazingly & made me look better than I thought I could). Firstly I'm going to talk about the customer experience; a major reason why I have an affiliation with Dior. Walking into Dior the first noticeable thing is the interior design and how it reflects the strength and culture behind the designs, adhering to both the classical beauty and modern sleek glamour. I find myself impressed with more than just the price tag and the clothing.




Secondly, I found myself quickly welcomed by a very well dressed employee who approached with a smile on his face and gentle tone that didn't make me feel like he wanted to sell what he could as quickly as possible or get me out. This quality of salesmen/women is consistent globally as personal experience has taught me; I always feel welcomed, cared for and valued. The salesmen quickly grasped what clothes I wanted (if only I could afford them) and I found a drink in hand, a changing room ready and the most amazing selection of outfits, (I started thinking I should marry the man and not just for the spanish accent, piercing light blue eyes and bright smile, but he could dress me better than I can). Of course each new outfit I put on seem to fit amazingly, which is almost impossible for me. I find my self either finding clothes that are too baggy or too short;  looking either twig like, or like an Mike TV after the taffy stretcher. But no exaggeration, these clothes fitted perfectly and at the risk of sounding vain I looked good! As time went on compliments from other customers, and employees, which sounded so genuine started filling my head and the salesman wasn't selling me clothes anymore -  he wasn't selling at all - he was just talking to me about fashion, and and everybody's secret favourite topic, ourselves. I never really felt such confidence about my appearance or knowledge about the success of my outfit, however then, I did. I felt AMAZING. There was no pressure to buy anything just gentle helpful offers of assistance, which in turn made me want the clothes even more (if that was possible) as I didn't feel pressured. 




Now that my more journal like part of the post is out the way, we'll move on to my general thoughts and opinions about the collection. I found that the collection was a strong, more classical winter collection, keeping to more neutral colours like; white, greys, black, & dark blues - cooler colours reflective of the season they will be worn in. The collection to me was focused on great tailoring, creating a sexy gentleman look that just makes any man stand out from the crowd. There is a strong timeless feel to the collection like the clothes have been worn by the suave elliot back in the day or the fashionable gentlemen when my generation is old & accessorising our zimmer-frames. I feel that this collection truly brings out two natures in a man which is both rare and desirable - the model ...... & the gentleman. I was surprised by my extreme liking to this collection as almost every year I find that I'm watching show after show of lots of different designers thinking 'I get it, its winter but where. on. earth. IS ALL THE COLOUR!!!. Though there was distinct prints creating a strong link with the inspiration of the collection on T-shirts & jumpers using a vivid shade of red, I believe there could have been space in this collection for some more colour, as that would have, for me, perfected the collection. Finally I do believe that the Winter 13-14 collection truly captures the customer of men's wear at Dior, and also more as my own personal style is at the other end of the spectrum of the majority of the pieces - yet I found myself drawn to the allure of a luxury gentleman.





I hope that this was an acceptable first post and that my opinions & experience was entertaining, and thoughtful, feel free to comment any opinions of your own on the collection, or any experience one has had with Dior. Must thank Dior for the great service and the images produced. Hope you enjoyed;

RNW

The Fashion Dialogue 

1 comment: