Sunday 5 October 2014

Internship at AllSaints

So I forgot to mention the other day that I interned for AllSaints this summer. I worked in their PR department, then moved to their merchandising department! I know it sounds ultra cliche saying it was an amazing experience and I've learnt a lot from it, but it's true. I mean when you work in the company for a set amount of time (other than the first week of really getting to know what you're job requires), you spend the rest of the time learning from other people. There will always be something new in the job, but what makes the job even more interesting is getting to know the people you're working with - people not necessarily in your department either. At the end of the internship, I really couldn't get the courage in me to leave... I actually went back a couple times during summer just to say 'hi' to everyone. But this is what I mean, if I didn't try to talk to people, there wouldn't be an environment where I'd feel remotely welcomed to visit. But yeah, that's AllSaints for you!

So how did I even come to think of telling you about my summer internship, you may ask... Well I'm having my hungover sunday morning, and just thinking about the watching You're The Worst - an American comedy series starring Aya Cash and Chris Geere. Sitting comfortably on the couch of Ryan's student housing, just about to start the series, then comes the opening credits, and the first thing I noticed was Aya Cash wearing an AllSaints dress. 

Aya Cash from You're The Worst

So the Lewis dress in black is no longer in stores, but you can get the new one with a beautiful floral pattern as shown below.

AllSaints - Lewis Flora Dress

She was wearing a dress... so what? Well, that got me thinking about AllSaints, and then begins my online shopping spree! Okay, so AllSaints is probably the only store I know where the hanger does not do the clothes justice, but the more reasons to pop in store and try it on! So the last time I went into AllSaints (just so you know, I do pop in a lot...). I took so many clothes off the rack, but ultimately couldn't buy much. All for different reasons, but mainly the price... All I can do now is daydream about it... so if anyone is reading this and wants to know what to get me, don't be shy when it comes to buying me the following...

AllSaints - Bayes Shearling Leather Jacket

AllSaints - Langer Sweater

So I realised that this wishlist of mine is not within a cheap budget and probably not very reasonable for students to buy for each other. I guess I'll just have to settle with my new AllSaints shoes!

AllSaints - Sarris Chelsea Boot

Just so you know, the other day when I was talking about good shoes being great investments. Yeah? These were the shoes I was thinking of. They were not cheap, and I swear my eyes got watery the minute I took my card out. But these bad boys are the best things ever! They go with everything! It's high heeled, and I kind of expected myself to get tired of walking in them at some point, but I could walk a mile in these shoes - not a problem!

Sunglasses: Brick Lane
Top: Brandy Melville
Jeans: American Eagle
Bag: Chloe
Shoes: AllSaints

MN

The Fashion Dialogue

No comments:

Post a Comment